Tuesday, September 22, 2009

holy days


Today is the 7th day of our nine-day holiday to celebrate the end of Ramadan. I've never felt so relaxed after cataloging almost 12,000 volumes of books as a requirement for AACSB. This has been the most exhausting project I've ever done as a librarian. Sure the Ralph Gehring Library has 90,000 volumes but its working conditions are far more better there than here. Even at the project's penultimate day, an allergy caught me and kept me sniffing, shedding tears for two days.

My family originally planned to visit Manila this September but due to the stupid, ass-licking bureaucracy in dealing with special requests, I abandoned the idea of going to Manila and decided to stay here. I guess it was really the company's polite version of saying thanks after doing a big favor for them. Either way, I'm still thankful that they bring out my creativity and find ways to divert my frustrations.

On this vacation, I had the luxury of spending more time with my family. We stayed up late, even until 3:30 in the morning. Movie nights, eat outs, PSP, board games, Facebook, Internet and just too many culprits. The most productive stint was the flat maintenance and kitchen experiments. I never knew that tofu with butter is a hit! Last on our list is bringing out our winter clothes in preparation for the sandstorms and cold season.

I may have missed my short courses @ MFI and Alliance Francaise, shots of beer and videoke, jamming sessions with my old combo, meeting old friends, watching movies, mall hopping, liempo, and bargain-hunting but who cares? I know there are better things ahead this December, arguably the happiest month of the year. It's just a matter of diversion, as Legolas says.

68 days. And the countdown begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment